Welcome, businesses, organizations and municipalities!
Click here for 2018 rate sheet.
Businesses, organizations and municipalities are invited to market their products and services in the PRINT/PDF ISSUE of the weekly West Shore Voice News newspaper, or ONLINE on this website (including Facebook and Twitter), or *both* print and online. Inquiries: email@example.com
Ads for Municipal Council and School Board campaigns in 2018 may be placed in the print/PDF version of West Shore Voice News, and on various pages within this website. Discount packages available to all candidates (final booking deadline for discounts is September 20, 2018; ads can be placed throughout the campaign period up to the October 20, 2018 election). Contact 250-217-5821 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach our broad attentive readership through West Shore Voice News. To develop a marketing package with West Shore Voice News (print and/or online) call 250-217-5821 or email to email@example.com
UPCOMING PRINT/PDF ISSUES
WEST SHORE VOICE NEWS ~ A weekend reader for attentive, inquisitive readers on the west side of Vancouver Island and beyond.
- All deadlines 5pm on the *Wednesday* ahead of each Friday publication date, unless stated otherwise. Friday print/PDF publication dates:
- JUNE 22 (June is grad season); June 29 (Canada Day edition)
- JULY 6, 13, 20, 27
- AUGUST 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Municipal Campaign Phase: SEPTEMBER 7, 14, 21, 28
- Municipal Campaign Phase: OCTOBER 5 (Thanksgiving issue), 12, 19 (last issue before Municipal election), 26 (Election Analysis Issue / Halloween issue)
- NOVEMBER 2, 9 (Remembrance Day issue), 16, 23, (start of Xmas season:) NOV 30
- DECEMBER 7, 14 (Xmas greetings), 21 (Xmas greetings), 28 (New Year’s eve)
DUAL-FORMAT (print/online). ALL display ads booked for the print edition also appear in the online PDF version (with active link):
- Ad Rates include 9% discount for fee-based service organizations and 15% discount for non-profits. Long-term weekly/bi-weekly advertisers may get significant discounts.
- Inquiries: 250-217-5821 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE ADS (on this website, plus Twitter & Facebook): Your print ad can be transported over to this website (no additional fee) or requested as online only ($7.95 per day or $55/week):
- Ads pinned to the top of specified news pages ($55/week)
- Ads posted on rotating basis in the sidebar on this website ($55 week – or just $15.95/week if your ad first appears in the print edition)
MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS in BC 2018. Election campaign ads in 2018 for municipal and school board should be arranged well-forward in 2018 (discount marketing packages available to September 15, 2018):
- Official campaign season for published ads runs September 22 to October 20, 2018 (print/PDF issues in that period will be published Sept 22, Sept 28, Oct 5, Oct 12 & Oct 19) .
- Our election news coverage will include coverage of campaigns in Langford, Colwood, Sooke, Highlands, Metchosin, Juan de Fuca and View Royal as well as for Sooke School District 62 (SD62 / westshore).
- Call 250-217-5821 for a marketing discussion or email to email@example.com
BE SEEN IN OUR NEWS STREAM!
- We appreciate your support of this locally-owned and operated news-insight publication that serves a ‘west side of the island’ readership and beyond. The print/PDF edition has been published weekly since 2011. News is posted daily online or as events and issues arise.
- The pages of West Shore Voice News provide an opportunity for businesses, government, community leaders and others to reach a distinct audience of attentive, inquisitive readers on the west side of Vancouver Island, and beyond. We focus on current local news, BC/national news that affects local communities, and we often drill down on certain topic areas such as socio-economics, health and wellness, education and sustainability.
- Our pages here at www.westshorevoicenews.com get over 64,000 page visits per week, at last count. That’s almost 270,000 page visitors per month!
- Ads placed in the print/PDF edition also get news-based exposure on Twitter (& Facebook with larger ad buys). Ads can also be posted directly on this website, with a link to website or email.
- Ad bookings include basic design/setup (or submit publish-ready). Additional ad design charges for more complex designs or multiple changes may apply.
- Ads will be linked to your website or email (some exceptions apply).
- All ads are in colour. (If you live or work in Langford, Colwood, Sooke or View Royal, you may see the greyscale print edition floating around at coffee shops, but digital and colour is what 95% of our readers see.)
- Need some creative news writing to help promote your product or service? Any ad-buy over $125 gets a newsy blurb alongside their ad. With copywriting expertise we also offer features about businesses (but they’re not ‘advertorials’ — call for details).
PRINT/PDF ADVERTISING RATES: Click here for 2018 full rate sheet.
- Ask about discounts and special packages! Long-term repeat advertisers get deep discounts and special page positions, plus feature articles. Fee-based organizations get 9% off. Non-profits get 15% off.
- All Print/PDF ads are also Tweeted with newsy blurbs to three (3) or more online audiences: local, regional, BC/national, and others. All ad buys over $125 are also featured with news on Facebook.
- Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here are the ad sizes and position options for our Print/PDF format (as shown on the rate sheet), with some special offers — take a look!:
SIZE [width x depth]
Tech: RGB colour, 300 dpi; jpg or PDF
Note: online ad sizes can vary from the print/PDF sizes, please inquire
SINGLE INSERTION PRICE [2018 rates]
A-1 top left
|2.0″ x 2.5″ [inquire for specific tech specs on this placement]||$99.95|
|A-2 top right page 1 (A-3 if lower down on page 1]||2.5” x 2.0”||$125 [$75 if lower on page 1]|
|A-4 top right page 1||2.5” x 2.5”||$145|
|A-5 – top right page 1||2.5” x 3.5”||$175 [or $155 if lower on page 1]|
|A-6 – Front page banner||9.981″ x [various depths]||please inquire|
|B-3 [inside or back page]||2.0” x 1.5”||$37.95|
|B-4 [inside or back page]||2.5” x 2.0”||$59.95|
|B-5 [inside or back page]||2.5” x 2.5”||$89.95|
|B-6 [inside or back page]||2.5” x 3.5”||$125|
|B-7 [inside or back page]||4.5” x 2.5” (or 2.5” x 4.5”)||$147.95|
|D-11 [placed within Events section on back page]||3.0″ x 1.75″||$51.95|
|C-9 [lower on page 1]||5” x 7” [or 4.75” x 7.25”]||$395 [inquire about discounts]|
|C-9 [inside or back page]||5” x 7” [or 4.75” x 7.25”]||$295 [inquire about discounts]|
|C-10 [lower on page 1]||4” x 5” (plus bonus additional white space margin)||$275 [inquire about discounts]|
|C-10 [inside or back page]||4” x 5” (plus bonus additional white space margin)||$195 [inquire about discounts]|
|C-11 – back page banner||9.981″ x [various depths]||please inquire|
ONLINE AD PRESENCE
STANDALONE ONLINE AD for posting on this website in the sidebar or pinned to the top of specified news pages: $55/week or $7.95 per day.
All paid print ads can also be featured in the sidebar of this website, on a rotating basis. Weekly sidebar fee $55/week.
Where appropriate, paid print ads can be also pinned to the top of specific pages in this website. Weekly fee $55/week.