- Tuesday, December 19 – SNOWY ROADSMAINROAD SOUTH ISLAND says: Drive with care today. Winter driving conditions. Expect snow, slush and slippery conditions. Use winter tires and be prepared to chain up, if needed. Please be aware of snow plows and snow clearing operations. Twitter: #DriveSafe CITY of LANGFORD ENGINEERING says (morning Dec 19): The City of Langford is asking all traffic to please avoid steep slope areas as we work to clear our roads. In particular please avoid Bear Mountain Parkway. Road clearing priorities mimic most other municipalities – we are clearing major collector roads, bus routes and steep slopes first. Please be patient as we make our way to the smaller local roads. If you do not have to go out, please remain at home. Visibility coming in from the Highlands is very challenging for any drivers coming in from the District of Highlands, several abandoned vehicles Millstream Road at Millstream Lake Road and in the downhill lanes southbound Millstream Road approaching Millstream Lake Road. Snowfall is much more significant in the Highlands and in Langford at the higher elevations.
- Nov 29 to Jan 1 – Sidewalk and bike Lane closure on Goldstream (Grainger to McMurdo) 7 am to 4 pm, for water main installation.
- Ongoing – Sept 2017 to Summer 2018. Jacklin Rd at Jenkins, central Langford. Some underground utility construction, lane improvements and signal light installations are a composite project by G&E Contracting, CRD Integrated Water Services and the City of Langford in preparation for major construction on the former Jacklin Road Belmont high school site. The work will periodically impact vehicle traffic flow Mondays to Saturdays (7am to 6pm) at and around the intersection of Jacklin Road (Jenkins to Terlane) and also at Jenkins Avenue (Jacklin to Brittany Drive). The engineering work will be completed in summer 2018, says the City of Langford’s engineering dept. No night work is anticipated for the remainder of 2017. Any changes or significant lane closures will be announced. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: The new West Shore Parkway (from Hwy 14 to Langford Parkway, and soon to the Trans Canada Highway) will help motorists avoid the Jacklin Road slowdowns.
- Ongoing in 2017. McKenzie Interchange (McKenzie/Admirals at Hwy 1). Traffic interruptions will be intermittent. During the day the traffic waits will be about 15 minutes long, affecting drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. There will be no construction activity on Sundays or statutory holidays.
- None at this time.
SOOKE AREA (and west to Port Renfrew)
- Thursday, November 16. Traffic delays (single lane) originating around the 5700-block of Sooke Road (Hwy 14). For BC Hydro pole maintenance work. 9:30 am to 3 pm.
MILL BAY | COWICHAN | SHAWNIGAN
- None at this time.
VANCOUVER ISLAND –
Drive BC – www.drivebc.ca