TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENT [Langford] – Effective 7 pm April 10, 2018 — the new Bear Mountain Exchange is now open from the Leigh Road Interchange (Hwy 1) over to the Bear Mountain Resort. 3.5 km in length, with some steep grades (12%)
TRAFFIC ADVISORY [to/from Sooke] – for April 16 to 27, 2018 – traffic delays on Sooke Road (Hwy 14) during installation of roadside bus pullouts.
Thursday, March 29 ~ GREATER VICTORIA. TRAFFIC ADVISORY extended to April 4 through Easter Weekend
>> Lane shifts continue on Highway 1 at Admirals/McKenzie
Drivers are advised to watch for temporary shifts in the travelling lanes on Highway 1 as work to connect and test the below-ground watermain system continues on the McKenzie interchange during the Easter long weekend, the BC Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure advised today, March 29. This was previously projected to wrap up March 30.
For southbound traffic, the highway will continue to have jogs on either side of the Admirals/McKenzie intersection. Northbound traffic has a minor diversion north of the intersection. At night, this winding route takes a bit of extra caution and attention while crews continued their work.
These temporary alignments are designed for motorists to pass through safely at 50 km/h. Drivers are asked to keep moving through the construction site while following signs, watching for workers and obeying the construction speed limit of 50 km/h.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure thanks motorists for their patience while this work is completed.
LANGFORD / Millstream Overpass for March 28 & 29
Wednesday March 28 & Thursday March 29: additional lane closures in southbound lanes on Millstream Overpass for installation of curbs and sidewalks. Expect traffic delays.
If travelling from areas north of there (e.g. Costco/Millstream Village, Bear Mountain, Highlands), it is suggested by the City of Langford Engineering folks that you use the Leigh Road Interchange for access to Hwy1.
More news about the Millstream Overpass upgrades was published in the WSV March 23 weekend digest (pg 1).
Monday, March 26 ~ LANGFORD. Traffic delays on TUESDAY MARCH 27 on Atkins Avenue between Leggett Lane and Westwind Drive for underground construction 7 am to 5 pm.
Friday, March 23 ~ GREATER VICTORIA.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY – March 24 to 30 / extended to Wednesday April 4
Lane shifts returning to Highway 1 at Admirals/McKenzie
Drivers are advised to watch for temporary shifts in the travelling lanes on Highway 1 as work continues on the McKenzie interchange, the BC Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure advised today, March 23.
From Saturday, March 24, through Friday, March 30 while the water main system is connected and tested, traffic will run on the same temporary alignment that was put in place for a limited time in February.For southbound traffic, the highway will have a bend on either side of the Admirals/McKenzie intersection, and northbound traffic will have a minor diversion north of the intersection.
These temporary alignments are designed for motorists to pass through safely at 50 km/h. Drivers are asked to keep moving through the construction site while following signs, watching for workers, and obeying the construction speed limit of 50 km/h.
>> Photos of construction zone on Hwy 1 near McKenzie Interchange [West Shore Voice News – March 23, 2018]
Friday, March 16 ~ LANGFORD. For one day next week — Wednesday March 21 – the City of Langford is asking motorists to avoid use of the Millstream Overpass (Exit #14) during some improvements for traffic signal installation on the overpass and on Hwy 1. All signals and streetlights in that area will be without power on that day in that commercial area of Langford, says the city’s engineering department.
Motorists travelling southbound on the Trans Canada (TCH/ Hwy 1) can use the Exit 16 Leigh Road interchange. Motorists travelling northbound can use Exit 15 McCallum Road to access the Millstream Corridor.
The work cannot be done at night due to the power supply being offline during the installation from 7 am to about 9pm. The contractor Raylec Power has indicated they will manage the project so that the street lighting portion does not remain off when dusk occurs later in the day. Sunset is at 7:28 pm PDT on March 21.
Traffic control personnel will be on the overpass working within an approved Traffic Management Plan. Three lane closure trucks and six personnel are anticipated throughout the work zone, or more, to ensure safe passage for pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles. Emergency vehicles will be given priority. March 21 is during spring break for schools in the area, with less of a traffic load expected.
The project is on schedule. aiming to complete by April 30. | Read this article as a separate HTML page
On Monday March 5 at the Millstream Road Interchange, one of the northbound right turn lanes heading onto Hwy 1 to Victoria will be closed for roadworks, and for good. Nowadays there is more traffic from the growing McCallum side.
See full story posted March 1 on the main page of this website.
- Mon March 5 at the Millstream Road Interchange, one of the northbound right turn lanes heading onto Hwy 1 to Victoria will be closed for roadworks, and for good. Nowadays there is more traffic from the growing McCallum side.
- Feb 26 to March 2. Bray Ave at Jacklin Road (from Knotty Pine Rd to Jacklin) – road closure for sanitary sewer service installations. 7 am to 5 pm.
- Feb 1 to April 30. Millstream Overpass improvements in the Langford commercial area at Millstream Road and Hwy 1. Construction will result in some traffic closures or delays *except* Fridays ahead of long weekends, and Mondays of a long weekend.
- Feb 20 to 22. Traffic delays on Langford Parkway just west of Jacklin Rd, for drainage repairs. 7 am to 3 pm.
- Feb 13 to July 13 – Jacklin Road closed (Terlane to Jenkins), use Division Ave (through the Belmont Market construction site) as a detour. Alternative north-south routes: West Shore Parkway or Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Ongoing – Sept 2017 to Summer 2018. Jacklin Rd at Jenkins, central Langford. Some underground utility construction, lane improvements and signal light installations are a composite project by G&E Contracting, CRD Integrated Water Services and the City of Langford in preparation for major construction on the former Jacklin Road Belmont high school site. The work will periodically impact vehicle traffic flow Mondays to Saturdays (7am to 6pm) at and around the intersection of Jacklin Road (Jenkins to Terlane) and also at Jenkins Avenue (Jacklin to Brittany Drive). The engineering work will be completed in summer 2018, says the City of Langford’s engineering dept. No night work is anticipated for the remainder of 2017. Any changes or significant lane closures will be announced. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: The new West Shore Parkway (from Hwy 14 to Langford Parkway, and soon to the Trans Canada Highway) will help motorists avoid the Jacklin Road slowdowns.
- Ongoing in 2017. McKenzie Interchange (McKenzie/Admirals at Hwy 1). Traffic interruptions will be intermittent. During the day the traffic waits will be about 15 minutes long, affecting drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. There will be no construction activity on Sundays or statutory holidays.
- None at this time.
SOOKE AREA (and west to Port Renfrew)
- April 16 to 27, 2018 – traffic delays on Sooke Road (Hwy 14) during installation of roadside bus pullouts.
MILL BAY | COWICHAN | SHAWNIGAN
- None at this time.
VANCOUVER ISLAND –
- Pacific Marine Circle route closed at Fairy Lake Jan 29-31 due to flooding.
Drive BC – www.drivebc.ca